Grapes are grown in the areas where evapo-transpiration is higher than precipitation and irrigation become essential for higher crop production. Due to the scarcity of irrigation water, irrigation in grape is mainly done by micro irrigation system (drip system) and only less than 10 percent of the grape cultivated area is irrigated through surface method of irrigation.
Fertigation gave an opportunity to maximize fertilizer use efficiency:
1. Maintain proper soil moisture near root zone of plant when it's in most need.
2. Supply the major as well as minor elements in same solution and at same time.
3. Make nutrients available to the plant where it's needed.
4. Supply the nutrients amount according to crop hunger.
5. Supply the nutrients when plant requires most.
Solubility of fertilizer compounds (g/L), at some temperature